Mahira Khan On Leaked Photos With Ranbir Kapoor: I Am A Role Model, But Not A Perfect One

Mahira Khan On Leaked Photos With Ranbir Kapoor: I Am A Role Model, But Not A Perfect One




Mahira Khan‘s pictures with Ranbir Kapoorwreaked havoc for the actress who was at the receiving end of a lot of hate and nasty comments regarding her clothes and her getting caught smoking were everywhere on social media platforms. Mahira remained tight-lipped throughout the entire controversy, however, finally chose to come out during an interview with Somethinghaute.com.
“I’d be lying if I said that I decided right off the bat that I wouldn’t respond to this controversy,” Mahira told the website, “And I’m a very strong woman but when all of this happened, I was completely shattered and broken. I would think about posting a statement every day. Then I would stop myself because I just wouldn’t know what to say.” ALSO READ: Ranveer Singh On Ranbir Kapoor – Mahira Khan Viral Pics: Mahira Is A Great Performer, One Should Ideally Engage With Her At Just That Level

“Thankfully, ‘Power Di Game’ was ready to be released, which I thought was perfect timing, so I just posted that as sort of a response to the trolls. But to be honest, I understand where all the criticism came from and it didn’t come from a place of hate. I’m not talking about the trolls but those who were genuinely disappointed to see those pictures. It’s the same disappointment that my nani or my mamoo would have felt seeing that. So even now when I meet an older lady who says that she didn’t like the pictures, I’m quick to apologize,” she added.

Speaking about being considered a role model for her fans, the actress said, “People ask me if I’m a good role model for my fans, and my response to that is that yes, I am a role model but I’m not the perfect role model. I am human, I make mistakes. And I was really happy to see that there were so many people who stood up for me. It goes to show that the narrative in Pakistan is changing, and if nothing else, I’m happy to have been part of that narrative.” Meanwhile, Mahira will be gearing up to promote her upcoming film Verna, the trailer of which has received rave reviews, where she will be seen essaying a powerful character.


एक टिप्पणी भेजें

और नया पुराने

संपर्क फ़ॉर्म